Today, Cortelco is committed to fulfilling the communication needs of businesses and organizations worldwide. Our commitment to product innovation has enabled us to grow and offer an expanding line of "Smart Solution" business telephone products for a wide range of business, corporate and university clients. We have formed a cohesive worldwide distribution network with partnerships that foster our same concern for giving you the highest quality service available.
Cortelco can trace its roots back to the Kellogg Switchboard and Supply Company which began operations in 1897 near Chicago, Illinois. The company prospered as one of the pioneers in the mass production of telecommunications equipment. In 1952, the Kellogg Switchboard and Supply Company became a division of the International Telephone and Telegraph (ITT) Corporation.
During the 1960's and 1970's the business name of the company changed several times and its affiliation with various other ITT manufacturing and sales organizations underwent various changes. These changes had very little impact on the day-to-day operations of the ITT Telecommunications facility located in Corinth, Mississippi.
During the 80's the Corinth facility was part of a joint venture agreement between ITT Corporation and CGE, transferring the majority of ownership to the newly-formed Alcatel, N.V., the world's largest telecommunications manufacturer. Shortly after this merger, a new vision was set forth with our new company name (Cortelco) - an acronym for Corinth Telecommunications Corporation.
In July 1990, Alcatel sold Cortelco to an entrepreneur, former ITT executive, David S. Lee. The company was reorganized to provide even better products.
With such a prestigious lineage as Kellogg, ITT and Alcatel N.V., Cortelco's telecommunications products are an evolution of quality and technology representative of our one hundred plus year history.